oh my lovelies.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's that thankful time of year again, and as per usual (because I swear I do this every year.. sorry i'm not sorry) it's time for me to highlight some very special people in my life. My roommates, my best friends, my lovelies.

First up. Karissa Fay. 
Our story starts in the second grade. I moved in next door, and together we had to be the strangest kids to ever live. I mean who collects mud? We spent every waking second together until I moved in fourth grade, and have remained best friends ever since. Karissa exudes confidence, and embraces all that is unique about her (which is a lot). She has a strong sense of who she is and doesn't compromise that for anyone. I admire her so much for that. Riss is honest and genuine no matter what. She is so funny and one of the absolute smartest people around. I love her very much. We've made it 13 years and I see many many more in our future. Oh and also,  she can tell you anything and everything about Harry Potter which is pretty impressive.

My next lovely is Miss Samantha Mae. 
Samantha Mae is the hottest thing to ever hit Utah State. All the boys love her, and all the girls want to be her, and for good reason! How lucky am I to call her my roommate and bestie? Pretty darn I'd say. Samma is so talented, and an absolute blast to be around. She laughs easily and brings so much happiness into our little home. She is also such a hard worker, and never fails to achieve what she sets her mind to. Samantha is a great listener, and a solid support system in my times of need (which is far more often than I like to admit). We started out freshman year, hating each other, and are now the best of friends. Miss Mae, I sure am thankful for you. 

Third Stop, Kim Sue Hanni
I met Kim my freshman year in Snow Hall. We weren't super great friends, but I knew her, and so did everyone else. Kim is such a social butterfly, and has a special way of making feel comfortable and welcome around her. She prioritizes her relationships with people over all else, making everyone she comes in contact with feel so special. Everyone knows and loves Kim Hanni. She is the sweetest, most giving person, and is always looking out for ways to make someone's day. I'm so blessed to call her my roommate this year and am in awe at how far our friendship has come. She used to be the girl across the hall that would braid my hair, and now she's the girl in the next bedroom over that has blessed my life in countless ways. 

 Last, but certainly not least, is Tasia Mykele
I met Tasia, for real anyway, this year and already have so much to say about her. Tasia too is so giving. She makes all sorts of sacrifices to make sure that the people around her are happy and well. I really think she would cut off one of her legs if we needed her to (not that we ever would, but just sayin'). She is an absolute knock-out and always has super cute digs. Seriously though, the girl's got style and I'm jealous. Lastly, Tasia is ALWAYS down. Whether it be something extravagent or staying home to watch 24, Tasia is always down. She is dependable in that way, and I absolutely LOVE that about her. I'm so thankful she came into our lives and has been adopted into the D103 family.


These girls rock my world, and today I'm feeling especially grateful to call them my lovelies. It's safe to say my life would be an absolute drag without them. I can't wait to see what's next for us!

1 comment:

Tasia Briggs said...

Love your bum Lakin Tate! You are just beautiful and I love you!

 
site design by designer blogs