4 things nobody tells you about married life.

Friday, July 11, 2014


B & I are coming up on 4 months this week, a small amount of time that has yielded a vast amount of knowledge. Okay, vast may be a bit of an exaggeration (sue me!), but neverthess I’ve learned a few life lessons that I think are worth sharing for future brides.

    +You won’t feel like anything changed, but your friends will. It’s a sad truth, but one you’ll have to learn to deal with – especially if you’re the first of your friends to get married. Nobody has time to hang out with the marrieds when they’re on the prowl to wife-up themselves.

    +You don’t really know who you’re marrying. B & I dated for close to a year after his mission, for 6 months before, and we wrote consistently while he was gone. I swore up and down I knew all there was to know about him (or at least all I thought mattered), but the truth is I didn’t. Since being married I’ve seen so many new sides to him, some pretty, some not. Some have made our relationship stronger, some have tried my patience on a whole new level. All are worth it.

     +You don’t actually want to spend every waking second with each other. This is a common misconception, and one I’ve come across many times as I pursue things in my personal life. People seem to think getting married means doing everything together – it doesn’t.  I suggest you start finding hobbies to do on your own. You’ll be glad your husband has homework or insists on playing video games.

     +Don’t assume your previously mentioned friends will take up your free time. Like I said, they’re busy hunting for their future mr./mrs., and marrieds cannot tag along.


    +You will smile, kiss, argue, laugh, cry, and love more than ever before. You’ve probably heard that one before, but it’s worth repeating. 

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Miss seeing your comments. It has been fun to follow you as you have grown. Hope you are well.

 
site design by designer blogs