for the books.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer '14 has been one for the books, so far anyway. Let me fill you in.


     +We took the plunge - literally. B & I spent Memorial Day weekend w/some friends at the Green River KOA, you know.... really roughing it. We hiked Goblin's Valley and Arches National Park, and when Monday rolled around, we willingly jumped out of a plane. We went skydiving at 10k feet and boy was it a thrill. People often ask, "Was it scary?" - to which I have to say - "Obviously", but so so worth it. The jumping itself all happens too quickly to be scary, but the plane was a tight squeeze and my chlostrophobia was full-force.

     +I'm feelin' 22. If you really know me, you know birthdays are a big deal for me - especially my own. Call me conceded, but my birthday is my favorite day of the year. I admitably revel in the attention, and who doesn't love a junk-food pass for the day? B took me to the Living Planet Aquarium and learned one of my favorite songs on the uke. I swooned.

     +I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Among my birthday spoils was Mindy Kaling's book, "Is Everyone Hanging Out W/Out Me?" - I laughed out loud on more than one occasion. If she wasn't already, Mindy is now my number one woman-crush.

     +I'm a carnie at heart. I love the rides, I love the food, I love the people. So much love. Lucky for me, the carnival came to town and, as per usual, it was a great time. Later that week, B & I watched the fireworks from the rooftop, and I have to say - it too was pretty swoon-worthy. Oh B... he knows just how to get me.

    +B & I also hosted a slumber for his nieces and nephew, and by that I mean they stayed the night at our house one Friday. If I do say so myself, we pretty much killed it as the "cool" aunt/uncle. We fed the ducks, ate lots of popcorn, and took a trip to Bridal Veil Falls. Nobody died, but all cried at one point or another, and one niece fell right into the pool at the bottom of the falls. But by my account, they lived so we rocked it.

     +We're kind of big hikers these days. Please don't mistake that for serious hikers - anything more than 3 miles and I'm almost certainly opting out. We've had some good ones though, my favorite so far is Stewart Falls. Easy, Breezy, Beautiful - aka my kind of hike. 

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs