toilet troubles.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Ha I think i'm pretty funny with a post title like that. I literally just laughed out loud reading it again. In any case, I do have a story related to some recent toilet trouble that I would like to share.
Saturday afternoon, after a fun filled day at the farmers market as well as the oakridge pool, I went to lunch with some of my favorite girls and boys from the A-team. We've been wanting to try this little Indian place attached to the gas station next door, and that is just what we did. Having been to the Bombay House in Ptown and absolutely loving it, I was pretty excited. I ordered the oh so delicous sounding Lamb Saag, and boy was it yummy.


Looks like the Lamb had it's own toilet trouble right? Haaa there I go again being funny. It really was tasty I promise!

Anyway, there we were enjoying a beautiful Indian lunch when all of the sudden my roommate Samma called. She was a frantic mess, and for good reason! The poor girl was stuck in the shower, afraid to move, because our toilet was in fact over flowing. The description Samma left us with left me thinking our ghetto little apartment was flooding, so naturally I took of towards  home to help her.  Upon surveying the scene I realized it wasn't as bad as I had imagined, but that obviously there was a problem. Being a girl, and living with three other girls, doesn't exactly provide for expert plumbing abilities. We had no idea what to do, but thanks to our A-team boys we knew to turn off the water. We left it there.. unsure as to how to proceed and I returned to lunch. When lunch was over and it was time to face to contaminated toilet water residing on our bathroom floor we were still at a loss as to how to fix the problem. I want you to picture with me four girls, totally grossed out, almost frantic, and with no idea what they're doing trying to fix a toilet. We figured the only thing to do would be to turn on the water again and fiddle with the the tubes and such behind the bowl. We did just that, and somehow, magically, our toilet had fixed itself. It was hilarious, and for the most part there was a constant stream of laughter escaping us during the fix. Our problems were no more and things have been working flawlessly ever since. We still don't know why what happened did, but I do know that I am really afraid to use our bathroom these days. I contemplate walking to the gas station next door every time duty calls.
Oh the joys of living on your own. Life as a new adult is always an adventure, and I'm learning something new with everyday, including how to solve day to day toilet troubles and laugh about it.

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs