so much to say.

Thursday, June 9, 2011


This week marks the first month of my Logan summer, and I must say it's been a month full of new people, experiences, and as always challenges. So lets get on with it.. First, let me just say I have the most wonderful roommates a girl could ask for. We have fun doing absolutely nothing, which was the case for quite some time while we waited out the spring rains. Daryn and I could laugh forever at Samma on the phone. Samma and I have concocted some seriously good mixtures in the kitchen, and Mel.. well she's a ray of sunshine when she is actually in Ltown. Together we make one incredible pack of girls, and I am lucky to have them in my life. 
Getting ready to go hot tub!.. something we do a lot these days.
Some pretty monumental things went down this last month. Samma and I broke our three month "sweet fast". Yes, believe it- we went 3 months with absolutely no treats! Breaking the fast wasn't as satisfying as I had hoped it to be, but it's nice to know I can have a treat when I want it now. 

I also, for the first time in my life, went ghost riding this month. What's ghost riding you ask? Let me tell you.. Ghost riding the whip is when you do a little dance alongside/on top of your car while its moving.. with no driver. Check it out on youtube if that didn't make any sense. We got all decked out in our thug attire and hit up a secluded parking lot. It was so fun, and a choreographed ghost ride may or may not be in the works. 

My nineteenth birthday came and went, and let me just say it was on fantastic day. Thanks to my roommates and to all of my greeeaaatt friends on the A-Team I had the best 1-9 a girl could ask for. The day started out, at the stroke of midnight, in the wind caves of Logan Canyon. It was such a fun hike, and such a fun way to ring in my new year. 
Thumbs up for being 19!
Daryn and I at the top of our hike!

Hours later the sun came up, and a few hours after that so did I. That's right, for the first time aaallll summer I slept in past nine. It was glorious to say the least, and the best kind of gift I could have given myself. After a homemade breakfast and the cutest gifts ever it was off to A-team retreat with Daryn, Melanie, and the rest of the gang. We played volleyball for hours, spoke/sang in English accents all day, found a lighthouse, ate better than sex cake, had a dance competition, played glow in the dark capture the flag, and to top it off the one and only Charley Riddle played me a song on his guitar. I'm a sucker for the guitar, and that was the best birthday song I heard all day. 

The rest of the weekend in Bear Lake was also epic. I love the A-Team SO much! The people I've had the blessing of knowing through A-team are some of the best people I've ever come in contact with. I could not ask for better friends! The rest of the weekend consisted of more volleyball, one very American BBQ, falling asleep in the sun and as a result gaining some classy tan lines, A-Team Olympics, a fire and smores, and of course some great late night heart to hearts. I wish words could adequately describe just how much fun it really was.

Next on the list, my good friend Chad came to visit for the weekend and being the stud that he is, he came in style--aka on a motorcycle! We went for a short ride Sunday evening and the feelings of summer completely overwhelmed me. Those my friends, are the feelings i've been waiting for for the past rain filled month. Daryn and I spent some time at the A-team house that night too sitting on the roof over looking the traditional waffle night. It just doesn't get more "summer" than that. 

After the best weekend summer's shown me to date, I had my first SOAR date. Things went well, and I'm really loving my job. It's tiring to say the least, but so worth it. I love meeting the new students and instilling an enthusiasm for Utah State in them. GO AGGIES! 

Finally, I got some sad news this week. The house i've called my home for the past 10 years finally sold. My mom is moving to a new place for her own new adventures, and I am excited for the opportunities she is going to have there. I am sad to let it go however. It makes me sad to think the place that holds so many memories for me isn't going to be mine any more. A new family will live in my home and will claim it as their own at the end of this month. My heart aches a little. Growing up is hard sometimes, but similar to my last week at Snow Hall i'm trying to be grateful for the time it was mine, and not wallow in the sadness of giving it to someone else to love. 

Fewf! That was a long post guys! I'll try to be more frequent as to not put you through that again! Happy Summer to you all!




1 comment:

Melanie Rossiter said...

love this post so much. might be my favorite so far!

 
site design by designer blogs