october.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Because I have long since stopped writing in my journal, and because I didn't blog for the entire month of October, I thought I should get write some things down. This post won't be witty and probably isn't worth your reading, but there are a few things I'd like to remember thus I am recording them here. 
October is my absolute favorite month of the year, let me tell you why.  
#1. It feels like fall.
I am so lucky to live and go to school in Logan. Utah State has the most beautiful campus and it hits it's peak this month. With the all of the leaves changing Cache Valley completely transforms and it is truly something to see. 

#2 All things Pumpkin. 
October time is pumpkin time. It is the time of year when it is okay to eat and bake all things pumpkin and as if that's not enough it is also the time to carve and smash pumpkins, which happens to be a favorite past time for me. This year I successfully made delicious pumpkin cookies from scratch,
Aimee and I carved a "Grim-Reaper" pumpkin and took out the competition at Muscle Beach, 
and I went to my first ever pumpkin party where I repped my Aggie Pride!

#3. We get to remember Zach. 
We remember Zach everyday, but especially during this time of year. Though his passing in itself is sad, they ways we remember him definitely aren't. Zach lived his life to the absolute fullest and every year on the anniversary of his death we do the same to honor him. We do it in our own ways, but we try to channel our inner "fun nazi" and do something he would have. This year Asia-who always out does the rest of us- went skydiving. He is so proud of her, I know it.

#4. Fall Break
Though school had only been in session for six or seven weeks at this point, I needed a break. I went home to the Ville, where as always I had a grand time with my girls.We took some fall time photos, here  is a little sneak peak for you!

#5. All things Halloween. 
Some days I think Halloween might be my favorite holiday. This year I rocked the mime costume to Utah State's HOWL.  As always it was a smashing party and a night I will not soon forget. The Tigger suit is a home town favorite that I sported to an old work party with my girls over fall break; we tore the place up like you wouldn't believe!  Aside from the costumes Halloween isn't complete with out some serious scares. To get my fix I made the trek to the SLC with a few pals and, as tradition, hit up Nightmare on 13th. Spooky? Yes. Mega fun? Yes! Last but not least I hit up one of Cache Valley's very finest corn mazes and was not disappointed! The place was infested with chainsaw men and that is one thing I just can't handle. Here's the thing, they could be real! I may or may not have completely face planted in my attempt to escape one of them. 

The End. 


No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs