expectations, stop having them.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

bebs- stop reading now you've heard all i'm about to say. as for the rest of you, prepare yourself for a vent session. 
Today was one of those totally rotten, no good, days. I would throw it away forever if I could. The day went down hill when the job I was told I had for the summer, fell through. Don't expect a job even though it's been promised to you. So with all the stress of finals and moving, now I have to find a way to support myself. Great. If you have any ideas-let me know I could really use your help. Help-this is another thing that brought disappointment today. Don't expect people you love to help you out. They're not obligated to, so they won't always-even when you need it very most. Next.. don't expect your car to be shiny and clean in the parking lot like you left it. Don't expect people to have common courtesy and not throw eggs all over it. Big mistake there. Don't expect a position for end of year bash that's been guarantied  yours to actually work out. Don't think that because you've never missed a meeting or that because you were told it was yours that it is. It's not. To name a few more, don't expect your period to come during a better time when life is a little more mellow. Don't expect your skin to quit being disgusting or to have lost any weight long after you've given up sweets. Finally, don't expect the disappointment to end because every time I thought my day couldn't get any worse- it did. 
Don't have expectations. They only let you down. This is my advice for the day.
Not one, but two big cry sessions later, and a chat with the big sister has lightened the load a little. I don't want to be sad, who does? I've just reached my breaking point, and now I really need to catch a break. In hopes that something positive will happen to me i've decided to find some sunshine in this cloudy day. So for optimisms sake here it goes: 1. It wasn't actually cloudy in Logan today, it was warm outside. 2. I got an A on my Econ exam. 3. I ran into the boy i'm crushing ( the same one I kissed last weekend) in the stair case for a second and I was wearing my new cute shirt. 4. I have somebody I can always count on- Asia. 5. I have indoor plumbing. 6. Friends were there to help me out today (Thanks Kylee/MaPaDah). 7. I'm healthy 8. Today I attended my last day of Accounting! 9. Stetson comes home 4 weeks from today. 10. This day is over, and I never have to do it again. 
May your days be infinitely better than this one, lakin. 

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs